Wallace Jordan attorneys practicing in the intellectual property area counsel clients on the protection of the client’s intellectual property. Often, advice is needed at the time an invention or discovery is made or an idea is refined. Clients potentially have several strategies that may be employed to protect intellectual property. Early consultation with counsel is encouraged to maximize the protection afforded to the intellectual property.
Intellectual property may be secured through registration of a copyright, patent, or trademark. Likewise, proprietary business information, business plans, formulas, strategies, and discoveries may best be protected through treatment as a “trade secret.”
Intellectual property lawyers often work with litigators to pursue actions against those who misappropriate trade secrets or infringe on copyrights, patents or trademarks. These infringements, as well as other unlawful acts, are grouped under the category of “unfair trade practices.” Wallace Jordan intellectual property lawyers are experienced in evaluating a client’s situation to determine whether unfair trade practices need to be addressed.
Our services include:
- Initial evaluation to determine whether a client has a protectable interest in particular intellectual property
- Detailed investigations and opinions concerning a client’s right or interest in intellectual property through the conduct of such studies as trademark and copyright searches
- Registration of copyrights and trademarks at state and federal level
- Advice on maintenance of intellectual property as a trade secret
- Opinions concerning registerability for use of trademarks, logos and artistic and literary works
- Prosecution of injunctions and defense against unfair trade practices
- Prosecution and defense of trademark/copyright actions
- Prosecution and defense of domain name disputes
- Advice on the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act