William B. Stewart's Profile
William Stewart counsels healthcare, emerging business, and intellectual property clients of Wallace, Jordan, Ratliff & Brandt. An Anniston native, he joined the firm in 2000.
A frequent speaker at legal education courses, William has been named to Best Lawyers in America (Healthcare), and Corporate Counsel’s Top Healthcare Lawyers registries. He is a member of the Alabama State Bar, the American Bar Association, and the Birmingham Bar Association.
William holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in hospital and healthcare administration. He is a graduate of Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law, where he served as an associate editor of the Cumberland Law Review.
Fishing, wing shooting, photography, collecting art, cooking, and civil rights history are among William’s personal interests. He has also been an active volunteer leader in the Birmingham community with the Boys Scouts of America.
- University of Alabama Medical Center, Clinical Pastoral Education Internship, 2013
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, AL, J.D., 1990
Honors: Associate Editor of Cumberland Law Review
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, M.S.,
Hospital and Health Care Administration, 1980
- The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, B.S., Health Care Management, 1978
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 1990
- Alabama, 1990
- Lange, Simpson, Robinson & Somerville, LLP, Associate/Partner, 1990-2000
- The University of Alabama Health Services Foundation, PC, Director of Business Development, 1983-1987
- Brookwood Medical Center, Assistant Administrator, 1980-1983