Phillip Corley joined Wallace, Jordan, Ratliff & Brandt in 1995 and served as managing member of the firm from 2008-2013. He practices in the areas of real estate law, commercial lending, commercial transactions, and municipal law.
Phillip represents lenders, borrowers and developers in commercial real estate transactions both in Alabama and across the country. In his commercial mortgage practice, Phillip has extensive experience representing lenders in portfolio, CMBS, and Fannie Mae loans and credit facilities for commercial and multifamily properties in more than 40 states. He serves as the City Attorney for the City of Hoover, Alabama, the sixth largest municipality in the state.
Phillip is a member of the Alabama State Bar, the American Bar Association, and the Birmingham Bar Association. According to Martindale-Hubbell ® , he is rated “AV ® ,” the highest possible peer review rating for legal ability and ethical standards. Phillip was selected by his peers as a Top Attorney (Commercial Real Estate) in Birmingham Magazine’s 2012 Top Attorneys survey.
Born in 1969 in Birmingham, Alabama, Phillip attended the University of Alabama, and graduated in 1991 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history. He graduated from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1994.
- Alabama, 1994
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, AL, J.D., 1994
Honors: John A. Campbell Moot Court Board
- The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, B.A., History, 1991
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, Grievance Committee, Fee Arbitration Committee
- Alabama Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Birmingham Business Alliance, Trustee
- Dawson Memorial Baptist Church
- M-Power Ministries, Board of Directors, Past President
- Birmingham Tip-Off Club, Board of Directors, Past President
- Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, Modern Selection Committee, Past Member
- Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 63, Canterbury UMC
- Youth Sports Coach, Mountain Brook Athletics