Mike Brandt’s practice encompasses most areas of commercial and corporate law. His concentration is in real estate acquisition and development and real estate and asset based commercial lending. Mike also has extensive experience in business acquisitions, including bank and bank holding company acquisitions and reorganizations. He frequently advises financial institutions on regulatory matters.
Mike is a member of the Alabama Bar and the Birmingham Bar Associations. As a member of the American Bar Association, he serves on subcommittees dealing with community banks, bank regulation and legislation, secured transactions, and letters of credit.
Born in San Antonio, Texas, in 1952, Mike attended the University of Alabama. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in math and English in 1976. While attending the University of Alabama School of Law, Mike served as the Alabama editor of the Alabama Law Review. He was honored with induction into Order of the Coif and selection as a Hugo L. Black Scholar and a Dean M. Harrison Scholar. He graduated from law school in 1985.
Mike has been recognized for several years by the publishers of Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA Leading Lawyers for Business, and Alabama Super Lawyers, and is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell. Mike served on the Planning Commission of the City of Homewood, Alabama for twenty years.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Alabama, 1985
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, AL, J.D., 1985
Honors: Order of the Coif, Hugo L. Black Scholar, Dean M. Harrison Scholar, Alabama Law Review, Member, Managing Board
- The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, B.S., Math and English, 1976
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Bradley, Arant, Rose & White, LLP, Associate, 1985-1990
- Berkowitz, Lefkovits, Isom & Kushner, PC, Partner, 1990-1991
- President, Homewood Chamber of Commerce, 2016
- City of Homewood Planning Commission, Member since 1999, Chairman since 2005