Mark Hogewood’s practice is primarily in the area of civil litigation with an emphasis on corporate and insurance defense, as well as insurance coverage litigation. He joined Wallace, Jordan, Ratliff & Brandt in 1997.
He is a member of the Alabama State Bar, the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association, and the Defense Research Institute. Mark is an adjunct professor of insurance law at Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, and he has served on the state bar’s Task Force on Adult Literacy. He is also a frequent speaker at seminars related to insurance coverage.
Mark was born in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1968. He attended Wake Forest University where he was selected for membership in Omicron Delta Kappa honorary and served on the Student Judicial Board. Mark graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in politics in 1990. He then attended Vanderbilt University School of Law and graduated in 1993. After law school, Mark worked as associate with the Birmingham firm Spain & Gillon for three years before joining Wallace, Jordan, Ratliff & Brandt.
Mark is an elder at Covenant Presbyterian Church. He was a member of the board of directors for Restoration Academy from 2005 to 2009. He is currently president of the Birmingham chapter of the Christian Legal Society.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1993
- Alabama, 1993
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, TN, J.D., 1993
- Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC, B.A., Politics, cum laude, 1990
Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Covenant Presbyterian Church, Elder
- Restoration Academy Board Member, 2005-2009
- Christian Legal Society, President of Birmingham Chapter
- Vestavia Hills Board of Education, Board Member, 2012-2017
- Spain & Gillon, LLC, Associate, 1993-1996
- Recent Developments in Public Regulation of Insurance Law, 37 Tort & Ins. L. J. 709 (2002)