Glenn Estess practices in the general area of tax law, including estate planning, charitable giving, tax-exempt and charitable organizations, corporate, limited liability companies, closely held businesses, partnerships, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. Glenn serves as counsel for several tax-exempt organizations, including the Auburn University Foundation, the Woman’s Missionary Union Foundation, and the Alabama Waterfowl Association.
He is a member of the Alabama State Bar and the Birmingham Bar Association. Glenn is also a past director of the Alabama Planned Giving Council and the Estate Planning Council of Birmingham, Inc.
Glenn was born in 1954 in Birmingham, Alabama. He graduated from Auburn University in 1976 with a B.S. in finance, and graduated cum laude from Cumberland School of Law in 1979. He received his LL.M. in taxation from New York University in 1980. Glenn practiced with the Birmingham firm Spain & Gillon for more than 21 years until joining Wallace, Jordan, Ratliff & Brandt in 2003.
Glenn is active in the community and serves as a director of the Mountain Brook City Schools Foundation. He has been a director of the Alabama Baptist Children’s Homes and Family Ministries, and in 2004, he served as president. For recreation, Glenn enjoys hunting and fishing.
- Alabama, 1979
- New York University, New York, NY, LL.M., Taxation, 1980
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, AL, J.D., cum laude, 1979
- Auburn University, Auburn, AL, B.S., Finance, 1976
- Alabama Planned Giving Council, Past Director
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Birmingham, Inc., Past Director
- Spain & Gillon, LLC, Attorney/Partner, 1981-2003