April Danielson joined Wallace, Jordan, Ratliff & Brandt in 2016. She specializes in municipal law and has worked as an attorney representing the City of Hoover, Alabama – the sixth largest municipality in the state – since 2004. She has worked with many legal aspects of municipal government and has a wide range of experience in her municipal law practice, which covers the core areas of contracts, compliance with open meetings and records laws, employment matters and policies, election law, drainage, zoning, construction, revenue/taxation, code compliance, annexation, inter-municipal agreements, economic development, ordinance drafting, and real estate development.
April is admitted to practice before the United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama and all Alabama State courts. She is a member of the Alabama Association of Municipal Attorneys and the Alabama State Bar. She received her Juris Doctorate degree in 1996 from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. During law school, April was on the Dean’s List and interned with the United States Attorney’s Office in Birmingham, Alabama. April also attended Auburn University and graduated in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. While at Auburn, she was on the Dean’s List and a member of Alpha Omicron Pi.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 1997
- Alabama, 1997
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, AL, J.D., 1996
- Auburn University, Auburn, AL, B.S., Business Administration, 1992
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Leadership Hoover, Inaugural Class, 2017-18
- Hunter Street Baptist Church, Senior Girls Bible Study Teacher
- Volunteer, Greater Birmingham Humane Society
- Volunteer, Hoover High School
- Volunteer, Boy Scout Troop 1 Executive Committee